Thursday, July 30, 2009

Re: Form with saving of true/false/null

I think I would prefer radio buttons, as I think these are easier to
select then scroll downs when having to enter larger amount of data.
Do you know how I can code this?

/Anders

On Jul 29, 4:40 pm, "Richard@Home" <richardath...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd use a drop down select instead of an option group.
>
> This should do the trick:
>
> <?php echo $form->input("Model.field", array("options"=>array(""=>"No
> information on subject", true=>"True", false=>"False))); ?>
>
> On Jul 29, 12:29 pm, Kanten <anders.ho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there really noone, that can help me with this one?
>
> > Thanks
> > Anders
>
> > On Jul 10, 1:49 pm, Kanten <anders.ho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I am making a database for research and for this project I have a lot
> > > of dichotomous (binary) variables where I need to be able to
> > > discrimate between true, false and "no information on
> > > subject" (=null). I would like to store it as a bool field in MySQL.
> > > User interface wise I was thinking of using radio buttons with the
> > > option of choosing between the three posibilities.
>
> > > Is there some easy way of doing this using the builtin form helper, or
> > > do I need to to modify it somehow?
>
> > > Thanks
> > > Anders
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: