Thursday, April 30, 2009

Re: Auth ignoring Session, redirecting to login under heavy load.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 5:04 AM, Jonas Hartmann
<j0n4s.h4rtm4nn@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> i have an issue with deploying my cake application. Running local on
> Mac OS X it works like charm. After uploading it to a Ubuntu based
> VHost on HostEurope I had some headaches with PLESK and its strange
> standard unix permission setup.

OT: I'd appreciate it if you posted a quick message discussing some of
the problems you encountered with Plesk and the solutions you found.
I'll soon be deploying something to a Plesk server and, though I've
found a few comments about that online, I haven't seen much in the way
of answers.

> I lose my session from time to time under heavy load. This happens
> with either php, cake or database sessions, I have tried all of them.
> It happens when for Instance I run http://www.domain.tld/admin/categories/index
>  multiple times in Firefox-Tabs at once - thus, if I fire multiple
> http requests very shortly after each other. I have no clue if
> multiple users firing multiple events would lead to the same issue,
> yet (that would be even worse).
>
> I got the latest SVN head from 1.2 stable and just uploaded it to make
> sure that it is not already fixed / an internal problem.
>
> I am looking forward to your help/tips in regards to:
>
> a.) My small controller code, quoted below?
> b.) Debugging tips - how should I continue to understand what the
> problem is?
>
> I have disabled cache and debugging is on 2.
>
> This is how I test against routing prefix admin. I do not know if it
> is the best or recommended way. I would welcome suggestions. Best
> would be if the problem would be fixed afterwards
>
> <?php
>
> class AppController extends Controller {
>
>        var $helpers = array('Html', 'Form', 'Javascript', 'Time');
>        var $components = array('Cookie', 'Session', 'Auth');
>
>        function beforeFilter() {
>                if(isset($this->params['prefix'])) {
>                        if($this->params['prefix'] == 'admin') {
>                                Configure::write('debug', 2);
>                                $this->Auth->deny('*');
>                                $this->Auth->allow('login');
>                        } else {
>                                $this->Auth->allow('*');
>                        }
>                } else {
>                        $this->Auth->allow('*');
>                }
>        }
>
> }
> ?>

You should never include 'login' in allow().

This is how I have things working:

AppController:
function beforeFilter()
{
$this->Auth->fields = array('username' => 'email', 'password' => 'password');
$this->Auth->loginError = 'No matching user found.';
$this->Auth->loginAction = array('controller' => 'users', 'action' => 'login');
$this->Auth->loginRedirect = array('controller' => 'pages', 'action'
=> 'display', 'home');
$this->Auth->autoRedirect = false;
$this->Auth->logoutRedirect = array('controller' => 'users', 'action'
=> 'login');

/* Auth will check controller's isAuthorized()
*/
$this->Auth->authorize = 'controller';

/* I have no public pages, so I need a better authError
* than the default 'You are not authorized to access that
* location.' for users who haven't loged in yet.
*/
if (!$this->Session->read('User'))
{
$this->Auth->authError = 'Please log in';
}

$admin = Configure::read('Routing.admin');
if (isset($this->params[$admin]) && $this->params[$admin])
{
$this->layout = 'admin';
}
}

function isAuthorized()
{
$admin = Configure::read('Routing.admin');
if (isset($this->params[$admin]) && @isset($this->params['prefix'][$admin]))
{
/* see User::login()
*/
if ($this->Auth->user('admin') == 0)
{
return false;
}
}
return true;
}

UsersController:

public function login()
{
if ($user = $this->Auth->user())
{
/* All my Groups below 4 are some kind of admin
*/
if ($this->Auth->user('group_id') > 3)
{
$this->redirect($this->Auth->loginRedirect);
}

/* This User is an admin. You might already have an
* 'admin' field in your table. I chose not to so I set it
* in Auth's session values.
*/
$this->Session->write('Auth.User.admin', 1);

/* The redirect for an admin can be whatever you need
*/
$this->redirect(
array(
'controller' => 'admin',
'action' => 'index',
'admin' => 1
)
);
}
}

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: