Thursday, April 30, 2009

routing to a non-cake php page (again)

Hi Bakers,

I want to use routes to point /about to /blog/about, i.e in webroot,
not a controller/action combo.

I know I could do this mod rewrite, and it'd be better for performance
etc, but given some tight deadlines and a lot of legacy routes to
change, it'd be lots simpler for me to do something like:

Router::connect('/about', array('url' => '/blog/about'));

Is this possible? Or does routing still not apply to things in
webroot?


(There's a thread with the above title that's basically what I'm
asking about, but that was a long time ag, and I thought things might
have changed since then?!)
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: