Saturday, May 30, 2009

[phpXperts] Need help configuring PHP.INI



Hello,

I am having an issue with the error messages generated by one of my local servers.

Server A is a Synology Disk Station NAS which has a flavor of Linux installed with Apache, PHP, MySQL installed as well. The PHP version is 5.2.0,

Server B is my local machine which has Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit, Apache, PHP 5.2.8, and MySQL installed as well.

When I run a .php page with a specific error, in the example I have an unexpected ')' on purpose to test the error message, Here are the two messages that I receive:

Server A:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /volume1/web/radiotest/index.php on line 23

Server B:
Parse error: parse error in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\radiotest\index.php on line 23

Server A is the message I prefer. The reason I have these two set up the way I do is so I can have full access to server settings on server B. I do not have access to the .ini files on server A.

Long story short, I was doing something with simpleXML and server A did not have the proper settings or was missing a module or something and I did not see how to get in and enable this.

On server B, I have in my php.ini:
error_reporting = E_ALL

I'm sorry, but I am legally blind and I don't see how to add an attachment to this message. If you would like my entire php.ini file, please email me and I will be happy to send it to you.

Thank you for your help.

Dan

__._,_.___
Visit phpXperts website at www.phpxperts.net
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: