Saturday, May 30, 2009

Using FCKEditor in a Plugin

Hi guys ....

I wasted my Friday evening and early Saturday morning trying to sort
this one out, but to no avail.

I have created a plugin to be used as a CMS, the plugin is called
"admin". I have been able to integrate FCK by placing all the JS (the
fckeditor folder) in webroot/js ...

Now, I am wanting to make this plugin fully portable (the overall
point of a plugin?). So, I have tried putting the files in /app/
plugins/admin/vendors/js/. I then link to it in my plugin's default
layout using:

echo $javascript->link('/admin/js/FCKeditor/fckeditor.js');

When I view the source code, I can see the files are linking
correctly, and I can view the file when I use the url that Cake
outputs.

Now, the problem is, when I do it this way, I get the error
'JSController could not be found".

Has any body got any idea as how to use FCKEditor withing a plugin,
and keeping it all fully self contained?

Cheers,

D

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: