Sunday, May 31, 2009

Re: PHP array for use in javascript

Hi Céryl,

This was very useful for me as I'm trying to use flot as well.

I did something similar by first trying to build up an array of tuples
and then used the $javascript->object() function which produces a JSON
array which is perfect input for flot e.g.

foreach($data as $key => $val){
$flot_data[] = array( $key, $val ); //append onto flot_data array
}
$output = $javascript->object($flot_data);

Cheers,

Ian


On May 18, 9:34 pm, Céryl <c.a.h.wilt...@student.tue.nl> wrote:
> Worked almost a charm... Still, I ended up writing a this codeblock to
> manually make-up the output the way I want it:
>
> $i=0;
> $output = "[";
> foreach($data as $key=>$val){
>         if ($i != 0) {$output .= ", ";}
>
>         $output .= "[".$key.", ".$val."]";
>         $i++;}
>
> $output .= "]";
> echo $output;
>
> It makes thearraylook like the string [[x,y],[x,y]...[x,y]] whith
> which I used Codeblock to generate the javaCode. Thanks all!
>
> On 18 mei, 19:08, brian <bally.z...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You couldusethe JavascriptHelper to create thearray, or any other
> > block of JS code.
>
> > On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Céryl <c.a.h.wilt...@student.tue.nl> wrote:
>
> > > Hej all!
>
> > > I've been trying to find a solution for this, and maybe I'm
> > > approaching it wrong. This is the case:
>
> > > For my site I need make graphs out of data in a table. I have picked
> > > JQuery FLOT for making the graphs. However, FLOT needs data in a
> > > jQueryarraybuild like:
>
> > > [[xaxis, yaxis]
> > > [xaxis, yaxis]
> > > [xaxis, yaxis]];
>
> > > and then calls the plot graph function in FLOT to build it. These
> > > functions (With thearraycurrently hardcoded) are in my project in a
> > > seperate .js file I load in my view.
>
> > > However, When I get into my controller and get the relevant data, and
> > > pass it to the view using Cake's Set, how can I get that (PHP)array
> > > converted and passed to thejavascript(.js file) that builds the
> > > graph?
>
> > > Has anybody any expierience or idea's with this? And if there are
> > > graphing libraries that allow for on-the-fly graphs from a database,
> > > that work better with Cake, please tell me! Now it's not to late to
> > > switch!
>
> > > Thanks!

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: