Saturday, May 30, 2009

Re: [phpXperts] Need help configuring PHP.INI



Yes, there is an extra ')'. This was done on purpose to test the error
message generated. What I am looking for is to have server B generate
the same error message as Server A.

Thank you,

Dan

Zakir Hossain wrote:
>
>
> hello, it seems no problem with your server. there is syntax error in
> your script. guessing there is abundant ) on line 23. just fix it. if
> can't paste here.
>
> Best Regard,
> Raju
> ------------------------
> http://hungrycoder.xenexbd.com <http://hungrycoder.xenexbd.com> - For
> novice.
>
> On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 10:44 PM, defense_dan <ke7dcg@cox.net
> <mailto:ke7dcg%40cox.net>> wrote:
> >
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am having an issue with the error messages generated by one of my
> local
> > servers.
> >
> > Server A is a Synology Disk Station NAS which has a flavor of Linux
> > installed with Apache, PHP, MySQL installed as well. The PHP version is
> > 5.2.0,
> >
> > Server B is my local machine which has Windows Vista Home Premium 64
> bit,
> > Apache, PHP 5.2.8, and MySQL installed as well.
> >
> > When I run a .php page with a specific error, in the example I have an
> > unexpected ')' on purpose to test the error message, Here are the two
> > messages that I receive:
> >
> > Server A:
> > Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in
> > /volume1/web/radiotest/index.php on line 23
> >
> > Server B:
> > Parse error: parse error in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
> > Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\radiotest\index.php on line 23
> >
> > Server A is the message I prefer. The reason I have these two set up
> the way
> > I do is so I can have full access to server settings on server B. I
> do not
> > have access to the .ini files on server A.
> >
> > Long story short, I was doing something with simpleXML and server A
> did not
> > have the proper settings or was missing a module or something and I
> did not
> > see how to get in and enable this.
> >
> > On server B, I have in my php.ini:
> > error_reporting = E_ALL
> >
> > I'm sorry, but I am legally blind and I don't see how to add an
> attachment
> > to this message. If you would like my entire php.ini file, please
> email me
> > and I will be happy to send it to you.
> >
> > Thank you for your help.
> >
> > Dan
> >
> >
>
>

__._,_.___
Visit phpXperts website at www.phpxperts.net
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: