Tuesday, September 29, 2009

interlinked selects

Hello,

Please excuse my bad English, I am not a native speaker. I only
started CakePHP two weaks ago, read a book about it and am now trying
to program my project. I have some experience in php, mysql, html and
css but hardly any knowledge of javascript or ajax.

I have several tables linked with belongsTo and hasMany.
A -> C -> D -> E
B -> C
F -> E
G -> E

When adding a new "E" I would like to select first "A" in the "A
select box", which gives me all C that belongTo A in a "C select box"
and when having selected C, the select box for D only shows the
entries belonging to C.

( similar like this example:
http://aktuell.de.selfhtml.org/artikel/javascript/verkettete-auswahllisten/beispiel1.htm
)

Is there a simple way of doing this with CakePHP?

Thanks!
Melanie

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: