Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Model association validation

Hi, I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but I just wanted to check
this to make sure I get it right from the start.

I've just finished building the tables that I'm going to use for my
project and am about to use Bake to build the models. Some of the
Models have BelongTo associations, i.e. I've got a User model and a
Chapter model, with the Chapter model featuring a user_id property
used to associate it with the User model.

When baking that model, before I can set-up the associations it's
asking me to provide the validation criteria. The default for the
Chapter->id is 29 (no validation), but when it gets to Chapter-
>user_id, the default becomes 21 (numeric).

What I wanted to check to see is if these should be set to numeric, no
validation, something else, or maybe if it's not even important?

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: