Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Regarding puting unicodes characters for po files

I'm working on a application that needs to handle Japanese and
English. For Japanese po file, I want to specify "msgstr" in "po" file
using unicodes. Refer following sample

msgid "test"
msgstr "\u30e1\u30f3\u30bf\u30eb\u30d8\u30eb
\u30b9\u30b1\u30a2\u30b7\u30b9\u30c6\u30e0"

When I used that "test" msgid, cakephp won't parse the unicode text.
It just showing "msgstr" as it is.

My question is, how I parse above unicode chars to actual Japanese
word..

All my ctp and po files are using UTF-8 encoding

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: