Friday, October 30, 2009

Framework for existing database and complicated joins Click to flag this post

Hello,

I have a big application (a social network) which has around 100
tables. It is currently developed using traditional coding styles
(i.e. no MVC or ORM).

- I need to know whether cakephp will allow me to have complex joins
without the need to build a proper object model (i.e. relations etc)?
I have previously worked with iBatis in java and that library provides
the capability with ease.

- In case CakePHP will not easily allow me to do this, which other
small size framework is suitable for my case (kohana, etc)?

Thanks,
Mac

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: