Thursday, October 29, 2009

Re: Odd code in sanitize core lib?

I thought this was the case too (I use Consolas fwiw), so I pasted the
code into an empty text editor (TextWrangler) and did a search for
'!', and it returned two results. What font are you using to view the
code, making the search and replace strings different? As far as I can
tell, the search and replace strings are identical.

I'm guessing it's some sort of testing code that wasn't cleaned up
during the refactoring process...? I don't know.

But yeah -- this isn't a ground-breaking drop-what-you're-doing kind
of thing, just out of curiosity I was just wondering why that's there.

On Oct 29, 11:47 pm, Martin Westin <martin.westin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am just guessing here but couldn't it be replacing "looks like an
> exclamation but is really far out into outfer space" with a normal
> exclamation?
>
> Using a "bad" font and the code look different.
>
> On Oct 29, 7:32 am, Miles J <mileswjohn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I thought you were lying so I checked, and haha it is there. Im
> > curious on this as well.
>
> > On Oct 28, 8:51 pm, George H <acher...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi guys,
>
> > > I've been debugging my controller that is using Sanitize and I had a
> > > peek inside the CakePHP Sanitize core lib file, where I found
> > > something odd.
>
> > > Is it possible if someone could explain to me (I'm just genuinely
> > > curious) the reasoning behind line 223 in /cake/libs/sanitize.php
> > > (version 1.2.5)?
>
> > > $data = str_replace("'", "'", str_replace("!", "!", $data));
>
> > > From what I can tell, this line is replacing ! chars with !, and then
> > > replacing ' chars with '. I've done some checks and the search and
> > > replace strings are exactly the same.
>
> > > As I mentioned, I am genuinely curious (probably more curious if I am
> > > lost my marbles or not and maybe I'm seeing things), so any core devs
> > > out there please do not see this as a personal attack on you, or your
> > > intelligence, or ability to cut good code, etc etc.
>
> > > Cheers,
> > > -- George
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: