Thursday, October 29, 2009

Re: CakePHP memcache Cache engine questions.

yes, its supposed to be $this->User->find(.....

I removed the unnecessary fields in the find when i made the post to
the mailing group, and made the typo when i didnt copy and paste that
part exactly.

But going back to the main point, I did some testing yesterday, and it
seems it will always try and use the first memcache server pool(which
is the first memcache configuration). It's unable change the servers
on the fly using Cache::config because in the init it's using
addServer, and will only do this for the first pool.

is this a bug where additional memcache servers specified in
Cache::config are not used? Has anyone gotten Cache::config for
different memcache working? I might just have to do it without cakephp
then, so I can choose where im read/writing to. I know phpmemcached
has add/get/setByKey to chose which server in the pool to query,
whereas phpmemcache does not. so that could be an option for me, if
it's not possible using cakephp's memcache engine.

I'm spliting up my memcache queries to different ports to minimize
collisions, allow me to set different size memcache instances, and if
i ever need to resize a particular memcache instance, or have to
flush, I dont have to reload the cache for unrelated memcache
instances.


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: