Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Can I do the following with cakephp?

- Export results of a database table to excel
- Have an autosave feature like google docs into my web app
- Whats the best javascript framework (jquery, mootools, prototype,
etc) to use along with cakephp

And now the biggie!
- Lets say I live in a third world country (which I do), and the
lights go out every once in a while. Can I develop a program with
cakephp, where each workstation thats connected to the server (where
my web app is) save its own copy of the work that they are doing?
Until that connection resumes to the server? What I want to do is
avoid loss of data if the lights go out somehow. We know that if we
are working in a word doc, and the machine unfortunately freezes or
shuts down for whatever reason, the next time we open MS Word it pops
out a file recovery dialog, and we know the rest. I want to develop
something like that with a cakephp in my web app.

If you know how, please guide me somewhere, don't just say "yes you
can". Any help It would be greatly appreciated.

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

To unsubscribe, reply using "remove me" as the subject.

No comments: