Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Re: Multiple Table-Model, Multiple DB

No worries. Sounds like your database needs tuning (indexes etc). I'd look there first. I'd also examine what data you are querying to make sure you are not retrieving unnecessary data. If you are going to go the Cake route (which I'd highly recommend) then I'd encourage you to look at these sections of the book for starters:

http://book.cakephp.org/view/1017/Retrieving-Your-Data

Jeremy Burns
jeremyburns@me.com
(Skype) +44 208 123 3822 (jeremy_burns)
(m) +44 7973 481949
(h) +44 208 530 7573

On 31 Mar 2010, at 11:07, cupidoly wrote:

Jeremy Burns,

I truly salute you for such a detailed explanation. Actually, I always
prefer RDBMS. I just wanted to try a new concept. I have already
mentioned that this is just a concept, nothing into implementation. We
are just brainstorming. Our boss likes any new idea, let it be
bullshit. He later decides what suits the best.

I personally think sometimes it's better to make mistakes and learn.

My concept I talked about, actually came from another project that I'm
maintaining right now. The project was build few months ago by someone
else, and it has few thousands of members now. Gradually as the
members grew, their data about their activities grew exponentially.
Now the activities tables has few millions of rows. Initially the site
was giving very good performance, but now, its super slow. Our team
found out that mysql is the bottleneck. Now we have decided to build
our projects in-house rather than outsourcing. So we're just
brainstorming what could be a good solution for us. I know we can use
RDBMS with MySQL Cluster, or even NoSQL with MongoDB or many other
solutions are out there. Initially, I just thought this will be a
cheap option to go with. Later on, I just understood my mistake.

Thank you very much for your time.

NB - Please forgive my poor english, as i'm not a native english
speaker.

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

To unsubscribe, reply using "remove me" as the subject.

No comments: