Monday, March 29, 2010

How can Schema Shell create new tables?

Hi,
"cake schema run update -f" always creates an ALTER TABLE statement.
So how about when a new table is in the schema?

I see the code really in DboMysqlBase::alterSchema() for my dbo but
the same logic was found in the Postgres class. Since I am quite sure
the Schema Shell would not have been released without the ability to
handle new tables I assume there is something I don't get.

So, put me out of my misery, please. I really don't see it.

I can only see that I would have to manually force a "create" command
and supply the table name. This can't be the right way since it would
not work at all in a deployment situation. Can it?

thanks for any info you can provide.
/Martin

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

No comments: