Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Re: Database connects without any queries

Hi Cricket,

Yes debug is set to zero - quite literally I get a connect followed by
a quit while the controller retrieves its data via cache.

N


On Mar 30, 10:06 pm, cricket <zijn.digi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you have debug set to 0? Cake sends a bunch of  DESCRIBE statements
> otherwise. Is this what you're seeing?
>
> On Mar 30, 5:23 am, NdJ <nicholas.dej...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > Recently I've noticed that CakePHP seems to cause a database connect
> > for each page load (when the controller uses a model) even if the page
> > does not perform any database query.
>
> > On the surface of things this might make sense.  My concern is that
> > I'm seeing database connects even when the data obtained through my
> > controller is clearly coming from cache.  I was not too concerned
> > about this until I happened to be doing some database performance work
> > and discovered that my database is spending most of its time dealing
> > with connect requests.
>
> > I've taken a quick look into the CakePHP source and there seems to be
> > an autoConnect parameter in the __construct() method of the DboSource
> > class that at least sounds like the kind of thing I want to tweak, but
> > I've been unable to work out how get at this properly.
>
> > Does anyone know how to stop Cake connecting to the database when it
> > does not need to in this case?
>
> > My setup in brief:-
> > * CakePHP 1.3 RC3.
> > * mysqli
> > * persistent database connections
> > * using the mk-query-digest tool to analyze database query performance
> > at the wire (very useful) -http://www.maatkit.org/doc/mk-query-digest.html
>
> > Cheers,
> > N

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

No comments: