Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Re: Help! Files being read from wrong directory

Clear Cake caches. This may occur if you copy temps from one install
to another.

On Mar 31, 7:44 pm, TobyG <toby.i.griffi...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Hope someone can help, as I've just spent the last 2.5 hrs trying to
> track down the cause of this problem, without any success.
>
> I have a cakePHP application happily running in it's own subdirectory
> on our shared hosting server, & I have frequently used an alternative
> subdirectory to upload a test version of the app to ensure all is OK
> on the live server before I updated the live site.
>
> My problem is (& not sure if this occurred previously, as didn't
> receive this kind of error) that my site appears to be reading the
> controller files in from the wrong subdirectory.  I'm not sure how
> this is happening, as there as I can't find any kind of hard coding of
> the directory anywhere.
>
> I have tried to read through the CakePHP code to try to diagnose the
> problem & have got as far as the App::__mapped() function is returning
> the wrong path, which it gets from the App::__map property, however I
> can't, for the life of me, find where this is populated, so I'm at an
> apparent deadend.
>
> Please can someone help me with this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> T

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

To unsubscribe, reply using "remove me" as the subject.

No comments: