Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Model data in all views

Hi there, sorry to bother you with what is probally a very simple
question, but I'm new to cake and having some trouble getting to grips
with it.

I'm working on a simple e-commerce site for an assignment at
university, I have a Category model set-up, which is going to be used
to group products together.

I've set-up a default.ctp file for my layout, and I wanted to be able
to have the list of categories, from the model, display within the
default.ctp file, so it's shown on every page of the site. It's going
to be an unordered list, which links to the relevent page to display
the products within that category.

Thank you.

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: