Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Re: Order associated data

Yes, you've got the categories/products thing set up as I would do it.

With ordering, you can do it both ways:

1) Just for this association - use the 'order' key when setting up the
association in categories model... eg.

http://book.cakephp.org/view/78/Associations-Linking-Models-Together#Relationship-Types-79

2) Globally - add it into the products model.

var $order = 'Product.name DESC';

Cheers,
Adam

On Dec 31, 7:31 am, Daniel <theworldof...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, me again, I hope you don't mind me coming back with another
> question.
>
> I'm not sure if I'm going about this the best way or not, so some
> general advice would be handy.
>
> I've got two models: Category and Product, Product belongs to
> Category, with Category having many Product (with me so far?).
>
> I'm using the view function within the Categories controller to list
> the products displayed within that category. I'm using the read()
> function to pull the data from the Category model, which of course is
> pulling with it data from the associated Product model - which I'm
> then just using a simple foreach ($category['Product'] as $product) {}
> to display within the view.
>
> Two questions - first, is this the best way of displaying products
> within a specific category.
>
> Second - is there anyway to change the order of the $category
> ['Product'] array, so that it's ordered by a field other than the id.
>
> Thank you
>
> - Daniel
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: