Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Re: Problem in model designing

For simplicity's sake I would keep them in the one table, and
dynamically change the $validate array in my beforeValidate method of
the model to suit.

I've never used this but it may help you:
http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/conditinalvalidation-behavior

Cheers,
Adam

On Dec 26 2008, 11:40 pm, kaushik <kaushikwo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am going develop a system where there is two types of members.
> During registration or edit profile, there will be some common fields
> as well as some member type specific fields. Some of the common fields
> are mandatory, some are not. Same is true for member type specific
> fields. But both type of members will share same log in panel and
> other features. So I will like to store them in same table. But I am
> facing problem to create the model for it and write the validate code
> there.
> Anyone can give me any idea for that issue.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: