Sunday, February 28, 2010

AW: Mod_rewrite with Ubuntu 9.10

Hi,

I have solved the problem:

As some suggested I looked in the error log (What an idea, to check the error log! That is absurd like reading the manual! *ggg*)
And the error was something like: To many redirects.

Then I looked up this error message on the inernet and someones else had the same problem and solved it by specifying the complete path relative to the server root. That is what I did and it worked!

So my server root is at /var/www/
My app (development installation) is at /var/www/budget/ (budget is the app)

In my .htaccess files I specified the path to the webroot as /budget/app/webroot/

And - o wonders - it worked and I spend half of Sunday happily coding away.

I hope this helps you, too.

Anja

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: cake-php@googlegroups.com [mailto:cake-php@googlegroups.com] Im Auftrag von edmicman
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. Februar 2010 16:25
An: CakePHP
Betreff: Re: Mod_rewrite with Ubuntu 9.10

I'm having the exact same problem, I just posted about it last night on here. If you figure anything out, please update!

On Feb 24, 5:01 am, "Liebermann, Anja Carolin"
<anja.lieberm...@alltours.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> At home I upgraded my PC to ubuntu 9.10 and I try to get cake running
> again (development version).
>
> Mod_rewrite is loaded and works for the rest of the webserver. With
> cake I either get a html page with some text and not working links or
> I set allowOverride to "All" as suggested in a lot of tutorials and
> then I get an 500 error.
>
> Has anybody cakephp 1.2 running on a ubuntu 9.10 and could post me the
> apache2 settings or any suggestion what else I could configure?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance
>
> Anja

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group
cake-php+at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

No comments: