Sunday, February 28, 2010

Re: custom Validation - message not shown

According to the CakePHP book, your validation code looks correct!
But I am not familiar with version 1.3, so I hope that someone else
can assist you :)
Until then, good luck with finding the right solution,
John

On Feb 28, 6:56 pm, mivogt-LU <c...@mivogt.net> wrote:
> hmmm .... I created the view using the bake shell ; cake 1.3ß used to
> be most up-to-date ... so it is some 'original' code
> and as I wrote, if I use a built in validation the error message is
> shown....
>
> On 28 Feb., 17:48, John Andersen <j.andersen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hmm I don't actually see anything wrong with your validation
> > definition and function. But I wonder about your view!! As far as the
> > CakePHP book states, you should use the FormHelper using the $form
> > object in the view! I have no idea whether that could be the reason,
> > but have you tried to conform to the CakePHP way, by using $form
> > instead of $this->Form ...?
>
> > If you try it, do tell!
> >    John
>
[snip]

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

No comments: