Sunday, February 28, 2010

Re: Showing selected values in a HABTM

Nevermind, I got it figured out, thank you for your help.

On Feb 28, 9:24 pm, "Arak Tai'Roth" <nielsen.dus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure I am following. I see where you are setting the data that
> you have, but I am not seeing where you are using that data in the
> view at all? Or do you not need to use it anywhere, cake just does?
>
> On Feb 28, 4:11 am, John Andersen <j.andersen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This is what I do, a small view example:
> > [code]
> > <?php echo $form->create('Permit',array('action' => 'add')); ?>
> >    <?php echo $form->input('Activity',array('multiple' => 'checkbox',
> > 'label' => 'Activity')); ?>
> > <?php echo $form->end('Save'); ?>
> > [/code]
>
> > and to ensure that the Activity field is filled with the possible
> > values and the chosen ones are checked, here is the small controller
> > code example:
> > [code]
> >       $permits = $this->Permit->find(
> >          'first', array(
> >             'conditions' => array(
> >                'Permit.id' => 1
> >             ),
> >             'contain' => array(
> >                'Leader' => array('Country','ProvState'),
> >                'User',
> >                'RegistrationLocation',
> >                'Activity'
> >             )
> >          )
> >       );
> >       $this->data = $permits;
> >       $this->set('activities',$this->Permit->Activity->find('list',array('contain' => false)));
>
> > [/code]
>
> > Hope this helps you on the way ;)
> > Enjoy,
> >    John
>
> > On Feb 28, 10:37 am, "Arak Tai'Roth" <nielsen.dus...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hey everyone, I did try looking around here and on google for this
> > > issue, however I can only find data that relates to problems 3 years
> > > ago, which doesn't help as much as I'd like it to. I could likely use
> > > it, but I figured that by now, Cake must have a more elegant way of
> > > doing this.
>
> > > I want to show the data that was selected in a HABTM in my edit form.
> > > I can see that the data is populated in $this->data when I do a
> > > read(), however it doesn't seem to be populating the multi-select box
> > > I have created.
>
> > > This is the code for the multi-select box:
> > > echo $form->input('Activity', array('label' => false, 'type' =>
> > > 'select', 'options' => $dbactivities, 'multiple' => true));
>
> > > Can anyone tell me how to display what items are selected?

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

No comments: