Saturday, February 27, 2010

Re: Question of Performance read () or findById

I guess its just habit or personal preference. I tend to use read,
just to make sure that joins are never returned (though i also tend to
set recursive=-1 in my app_model so that problem never actually
happens). I use find for more complex queries.

On Feb 26, 11:16 am, WebbedIT <p...@webbedit.co.uk> wrote:
> I always use find, not for any particular reason other than I am then
> using a consistent command across my site with a consistent way to
> pass in my variables to control the results I get.

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

No comments: