Thursday, October 30, 2008

Re: 1 Cake file, multiple apps / cake bake

Thanks for your reply


I dont understand why I have a typo? I was following along from this
tutorial: http://cakephp.org/screencasts/view/7
everything seems correct to me.

Im a Web Designer not a Developer but I am trying to learn more PHP
through Cake. I do not know how to setup Virtual Hosts or create DNS
entries, but I will look into this now. usually dont use Terminal
unless im connecting to MySQL.

To create 1 cake folder for multiple sites I was following along from
phpvideotutorials.com cakephp video1. The tutorial uses WAMP and I
have MAMP, if anyone has seen these videos and followed along using
MAC OS X. Can they help me out?

regards


gemmes


On Oct 30, 9:18 am, "martin.westin...@gmail.com"
<martin.westin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> First a little typo:
> PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin:/Users/myUserName/Sites/Cake/1.2.x.x/cake/
> console/
> Remove the last "cake". The path should point to the folder not the
> file.
>
> Do I understand you correctly?
> You want to have this kind of structure:
> cake - the root
>   cake - where cake's core is
>   app1 - one of your apps
>   app2 - another app
>   app3 - yet another app
>
> I do two things for these apps to work:
> 1. make a dns entry with a fake domain name in /ets/hosts
>     127.0.0.1  app1.site
>     127.0.0.1  app2.site
>     127.0.0.1  app3.site
>
> 2. add a vhost entry for each one in one of apache's config files.
> I use Apples apache installation so I choose to do this in /etc/
> apache2/users/martin.conf
> First this: "NameVirtualHost *:80"
> Then one of these for each site:
> <virtualhost *:80>
>     DocumentRoot /Users/martin/Sites/cake/app1/webroot
>     ServerName app1.site
> </virtualhost>
> I also have a directory entry to allow override and such things for
> all folders under cake's root.
>
> When it comes to using cake console with these multiple apps I have
> not found a better way than "cake -app /full/path/to/app". I read that
> cd-ing to an app folder would make the console choose that folder
> automatically but it hasn't worked for me. Neither has relative path
> like "-app ."
>
> /Martin
>
> On Oct 29, 9:52 pm, gemmes <variouspix...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
>
> > I have a windows tutorial which shows me how to create 1 cake folder
> > that is used for all CakePHP localhost applications built(using WAMP).
> > I am trying to set this up on my mac. Can anyone point me to a site
> > that shows me this? or Can anyone tell me how to do this?
>
> > I am trying to get this to work in cake bake app.
>
> > Also, instead of typing this into terminal:    '/Users/myUserName/
> > Sites/Cake/1.2.x.x/cake/console/cake' I want to type just 'cake
>
> > I changed my .profile file to this as instructed elsewhere(but not
> > working for me):
>
> > ## DELUXE-USR-LOCAL-BIN-INSERT
> > echo $PATH | grep -q -s "/usr/local/bin"
> > if [ $? -eq 1 ] ; then
> >     PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin:/Users/myUserName/Sites/Cake/1.2.x.x/
> > cake/console/cake
> >     export PATH
> > fi
>
> > pls help
>
> > gemmes
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: