Thursday, October 30, 2008

Re: 1 Cake file, multiple apps / cake bake

On Oct 30, 11:51 am, gemmes <variouspix...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply
>
> I dont understand why I have a typo? I was following along from this
> tutorial:    http://cakephp.org/screencasts/view/7
> everything seems correct to me.
>
> Im a Web Designer not a Developer but I am trying to learn more PHP
> through Cake. I do not know how to setup Virtual Hosts or create DNS
> entries, but I will look into this now. usually dont use Terminal
> unless im connecting to MySQL.
>
> To create 1 cake folder for multiple sites I was following along from
> phpvideotutorials.com cakephp video1. The tutorial uses WAMP and I
> have MAMP, if anyone has seen these videos and followed along using
> MAC OS X. Can they help me out?

Unless you have something else to take into account and assuming
localhost/somefolder points at the top folder for a cake application,
(i.e. you have DocumentRoot/somefolder/app, DocumentRoot/somefolder/
cake) you can just do the following:

copy your DocumentRoot/somefolder/app folder to DocumentRoot/
somefolder/newApp
go to localhost/somefolder/newApp
edit, repeat ad infinitum.

If you're only concerened with your local setup, and not how the
server itself is setup - you don't need to do any more.

hth,

AD
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: