Thursday, October 30, 2008

Re: Whats the best idea to keep DB under version control or under sync with server?

Take a look at the built-in Cake schema shell.

$ cake schema help

-J.

On Oct 30, 8:21 am, Abhimanyu Grover <gigapromot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry this is not Cake related, but I feel its something which
> most of developers are missing. I found info about Cake migrations and
> think it would be too difficult to implement it in my team in short
> time. What tools or techniques are you using to overcome this problem?
>
> I'm aware of a tool called SqlYog or something, which is capable of
> keeping database structured sync'ed from dev. machine to server, but
> its paid, and I'm looking for some open source alternative, maybe a
> simple PHP script or something. Please let me know what do you guys
> use and recommend for a small team?
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: