Friday, October 31, 2008

Re: Whats the best idea to keep DB under version control or under sync with server?

I've been using cake schema from the beginning and (except for some
small bugs already fixed) it worked great out of the box.
Cake schema rocks!

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Abhimanyu Grover
<gigapromoters@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks, looks like Cake schema would be the only problem solver in my
> case.
>
> @the_woodsman give it a try, works very well with RC3.
>
> On Oct 30, 5:36 pm, Joel Perras <joelp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Take a look at the built-in Cake schema shell.
>>
>> $ cake schema help
>>
>> -J.
>>
>> On Oct 30, 8:21 am, Abhimanyu Grover <gigapromot...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I'm sorry this is not Cake related, but I feel its something which
>> > most of developers are missing. I found info about Cake migrations and
>> > think it would be too difficult to implement it in my team in short
>> > time. What tools or techniques are you using to overcome this problem?
>>
>> > I'm aware of a tool called SqlYog or something, which is capable of
>> > keeping database structured sync'ed from dev. machine to server, but
>> > its paid, and I'm looking for some open source alternative, maybe a
>> > simple PHP script or something. Please let me know what do you guys
>> > use and recommend for a small team?
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: