Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Re: PHPShop v2 is a cake app!

I was unable to reproduce the issue. However, I made the presumption
that you're using Windows (Windows XP SP3, specifically), but I did
find some hits on Linux users with issues of fonts (Arial) looking
blocky.
http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html (search for "making fonts
more readable on Linux"). I'm not sure if it's related or not.

bujanga might be on to something too (it being an issue with something
in the OS itself that might just be easier to solve with a
reformat)...I'm not really sure. I typically only see if when I have
a different resolution set (with no font smoothing), or a different
DPI than standard...

On Oct 29, 10:07 am, Mathew <nfoscar...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Mathew, your "font blockiness" appears to be a resolution dependent
> > issue. If you're not using your monitor's native maximum resolution,
> > try setting it to that and see if the problem persists. If it does
> > not, there's probably little that Pablo could do; if it does, I'm not
> > entirely sure... :P
>
> I think I understand what your trying to say, but the problem is
> limited to the HTML page and no other windows or fonts give me this
> problem.
>
> I'm using this monitor
>
> http://www.viewsonic.com/products/lcddisplays/xseries/VX2640w/
>
> Running at the native 1920x1200 res.
>
> It's also isolated to Firefox. I don't have the problem with other
> browsers.
>
> Is anyone else using Firefox, but getting different results then the
> image I posted?
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: