Friday, October 31, 2008

Re: Post Data

Maybe if I explain what I am doing better. Basically, I have a form
that asks for a birthday. We do not want the users to feel
uncomfortable by asking for thier year of birth so I have two drop
down boxes, one for the month (<select name='PostDobmonth'
id='PostDobmonth'>) and one for the year (<select name='PostDobday' id
= 'PostDobday' >). Then since the DB field is a date, I and creating
a default year by doing this:

$this->data['Customer']['dob'] = '1901'.$this-
>form['PostDobmonth'].'-'.$_POST['PostDobday'];

What is the correct format or way to use the form help and dropdown
boxes like this?

Thanks


On Oct 31, 8:25 am, "Gabriel Gilini" <gabr...@usosim.com.br> wrote:
> Are you building your form with the Form Helper? Because it seems to me that
> there are no naming conventions at all there.
>
> Cheers
>
> Gabriel Gilini
>
> www.usosim.com.br
> gabr...@usosim.com.br
> gabr...@souagil.com.br
>
>
>
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 9:46 AM, MDB <mdbev...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The form values do not show up when I do that, they do when I do a
> > debug($this) and appear like this:
>
> > [form] => Array
> >                (
> >                    [Test1] => 04
> >                    [Test2] => 05
> >                )
>
> > How do I access these values?
> > I have tried $this->form and $_POST['Test1'] however I always get an
> > undefined index or property error.
>
> > On Oct 30, 9:21 pm, thatsgreat2345 <thatsgreat2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > add debug($this->data); to your controller that is receiving the
> > > submitted data. It will display the structure of $this->data
>
> > > On Oct 30, 6:59 am, MDB <mdbev...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > How do you get form data that is not part of a controller?  I have a
> > > > select / drop down box called dobDay, then in the controller, I have
> > > > tried $this->data['dobDay'], $_POST['dobDay'] and
> > $this->data['Customer']['dobDay'] (customer = name of form) and nothing
>
> > > > works.  Can someone please help? TIA- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: