Sunday, August 30, 2009

File Uploads: What security-issues I have to take care of?

Hey,

in my first "real" and own project, I want to implement the ability to
upload files to a user's account. The filetypes I need to be able to
upload are:

- PDF
- JPG
- GIF
- PNG
- XLS
- DOC
- OpenOffice Documents
- ZIP
- RAR

Before I start to implement a file-uploading action, I need to
consider what are the security-risks of fileuploads in general, and in
case of any of the listed filetypes above.

What are the dangers of these filetypes, abd how can I prevent myself
and my server from getting in danger?

Regards,

DD
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: