Sunday, August 30, 2009

Re: Using Cake models from non-cake project

Hi Thiago, thanks for the answer. Unfortunately I don't think that
works either, as the shells aren't really external scripts and I don't
see a way of including them in order to make use of the models. Any
other suggestions?

On Aug 29, 9:06 pm, Thiago Nuic Vidigal <tvidi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I dont know if it will do what you want, but you can create your own cake
> shell as described i the book...
>
> On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 1:25 PM, tbirand <tbir...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
>
> > I've just started working with CakePHP a few days ago, and I really
> > like it. I develop Ruby on Rails apps as well, but having a similar
> > approach under PHP is most welcome since most of my clients have PHP
> > enabled hosts and I'm a bit more familiar with the language.
>
> > That being said, I've a question that I couldn't find an answer to so
> > far; is there any way to use the models in my cake application from an
> > outside non-cake php script? This is possible with Rails, I'm sure it
> > can be done here as well but after searching for a few hours I thought
> > I'd post here. Anyone have an idea? (I've already tried the technique
> > describet at
> >http://debuggable.com/posts/the-ultimate-cakephp-bootstrap-technique:...
> > to no avail.) I need to do this so I can use some newer db tables and
> > their respective models in a legacy php application until I have the
> > time to completely rewrite it.
>
> > Thanks in advance,
>
> > T.J.
>
>
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: