Monday, August 31, 2009

Re: Custom query pagination

Hi folks,

I can't use a View for the union query as it requires parameters. Even
if I take away the fulltext, and then do a fulltext search on the
view, MySQL can't then delegate the indexes across the union within
the view, so it doesn't work. Any more ideas or sample pieces of code
would be appreciated :)

Dean

On Aug 28, 9:09 am, "Dr. Loboto" <drlob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you can do view for your union query you will be able to work with
> it as with normal table.
>
> On Aug 28, 5:58 am, Dean C <dean.clatwor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Hi folks,
>
> > Before I begin, yes I've read this page:http://book.cakephp.org/view/249/Custom-Query-Pagination
>
> > I've also read many of the other pages on Google but I'm still stuck!
>
> > First of all if I may introduce you to my query:http://bin.cakephp.org/view/1064020598
>
> > It's a union query that allows me to search across two tables and
> > return the results, ordered by relevance. To put it simply I want to
> > paginate these results, but I haven't a clue how to do it. I tried,
> > and failed, over-riding the paginate and paginateCount methods in my
> > model, but I shan't even begin to post my long list of errors.
>
> > Where should I start?
>
> > Thanks!
>
> > Dean
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: