Sunday, August 30, 2009

Re: Request help with a model definition.

delocalizer Brian,

I changed the structure of my comments table by changing comment_id to
parent_id and used the find('threaded') function to retrieve the
data. I also removed the ParentComment and ChildComment associations
from the model.

It is now working.

Thanks for your help.


On Aug 25, 8:23 pm, delocalizer <conrad.leon...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gerard,
> consider using Tree behaviour for your Comments model?http://book.cakephp.org/view/91/Tree
>
> On Aug 25, 8:43 pm,gedm<gerard.me...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Brian,
>
> > Sorry if I wasn't clear.  The problem is the ChildComment User_ID
> > doesn't associate with the User Model so I can't get the username
> > information for the ChildComments.  I jst don't know how to assicate
> > the ChildComment model with the User model.  I'm sure it's very easy I
> > just can't get my head around associating with the ChildComment Class
> > when it's not actually a table.  I know.... newbie.
>
> > Gerard
>
> > On Aug 25, 2:15 am, brian <bally.z...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 9:23 AM,gedm<gerard.me...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > Hi,
>
> > > > I am very new to Cake and have searched for an answer to this but
> > > > can't quite get my head around it enough to ask ask the right
> > > > question.
>
> > > I'm not sure you asked anything. What's your question?
>
> > > The debug array you posted looks ok to me. That is, if $id = 1. Is
> > > that the case? Have you reied it with $id = 2? You should see the
> > > ParentComment then, and the ChildComment array should be empty.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: