Sunday, August 30, 2009

Re: Joining two arrays to use in a Select box with the formhelper

You have to set() the variable afterwards. You're adding a value to a
purely local variable.

array_unshift($counties, array("none"=>"Pick me!"));
$this->set(compact('counties'));
$this->render('/examples/ajax_dropdown');

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 11:28 PM,
FrederickD<manzanillo.english@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey there... this thread may hold the answer to my post that is here:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php/browse_thread/thread/25fa39d4e10bff7c#
>
> Would one of you please take a quick look at my question on the
> thread? I tried the array_unshift and put it in my controller just
> before the render, as Brian suggested, but I did not get the 'Pick
> me!' in the list after I selected a state.
>
> array_unshift($counties, array("none"=>"Pick me!"));
> $this->render('/examples/ajax_dropdown');
>
> Thoughts? Comments? Code snippet? Thank you!
>
> On Aug 27, 2:44 pm, channel5 <edd.daw...@comptonsolutions.com> wrote:
>> Thanks all for your help, worked a charm!
>>
>> Thanks again :)
>> c5
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: