Sunday, August 30, 2009

Re: CakePHP + PHP5.3 = ?

After a few more minutes with Cake3 I only have one thing to say: Wow!
Nate, Gwoo, David, Tim and anyone else working on version 3 (those
were the names I saw on the commits). You all rock! That looks like
Cake-nirvana.

I found so many amazing changes I don't know where to start.
Seriously, I can't wait. Envorinments, Switchborad, the new
bootstrapping setup... all clearly great improvements, and I am not
even looking at the core libraries yet.

/Martin


On Aug 30, 11:30 am, Miles J <mileswjohn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Its called Cake3 and is only PHP 5.3 specific. It has a whole new core
> and setup so it probably wont be backwards compatible.
>
> http://code.cakephp.org/cake3
>
> On Aug 30, 1:56 am, Martin Westin <martin.westin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Can anyone say a few words about the plans for Cake in relation to PHP
> > 5.3? Will compatibility be added in a point-update (1.2.5 maybe) or is
> > the policy to not support 5.3 for a while?
>
> > I found a previous thread that ended in suggesting we use Cake 1.3 dev
> > (= not "stable"). This was not afaik an official statement from anyone
> > on the development team so i thought I'd ask. I didn't find much abut
> > it on trac either just a mention from Mark that a suggested patch for
> > it had been added to 1.3. (ticket 6026)
>
> > As this indicates an intention to not support 5.3 on the stable branch
> > I will also ask for the reasoning behind that. Is there some fatal
> > incompatibility? I haven't found anything (apart from the warnings and
> > strtotime) and was wondering if there is a reason it cannot be added
> > to the next point-update. So, any insight would be welcome.
>
> > /Martin
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: