Sunday, August 30, 2009

Re: Joining two arrays to use in a Select box with the formhelper

Not one to give up easily, if at all... I gave it another try. I
remember reading a post somewhere that an easy way to add an entry to
the beginning of a dropdown list was like this:

echo $form->input(
'county_id',
array(
'options' => array('Please pick a country') + $counties
)
);

So I experimented in the ajax_dropdown.ctp file and did this:

<?php $options = array('Pick me!') + $options; ?>
<?php foreach($options AS $k=>$v) : ?>
<option value="<?php echo $k; ?>"><?php echo $v; ?></option>
<?php endforeach; ?>

Now it works! I can tell the ajax observeField is firing the
ajax_dropdown.ctp because I get "Pick me!" as the first entry and all
the elements in the dropdown are correct in name and in id value.

Whew!

Is there a better way to do this, or just be glad it does and move on?

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: