Monday, August 31, 2009

Re: Has anyone had success using Ext JS 2.2.2 and a grouping grid?

Hey Frederik

check out the replies I gave you on the blog post ... grouping is
quite easy actually, all you need to do is change the datastore into a
GroupingStore and give it a groupField (ie. what field to group by).
Ext will take care of the rest ...

wirtsi

On 30 Aug., 07:00, FrederickD <manzanillo.engl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to make my HTML tables look a little prettier using Ext
> JS. I would like to take a simple HTML table that lists users and the
> corresponding group name and produce a grouping grid in Ext JS.
>
> There is a javascript file named from-html.js in the examples folder
> of Ext JS. I have been using that to read the HTML from Cake and
> transform it into a pretty simple grid. (Yes... I know having HTML
> translated by javascript is not the future. The direction the CakeXT
> project is going with JSON objects is better, but the grouping
> functionality is not yet included...)
>
> Simple grids work great, except for the pagination part. That will be
> a separate post. It may be possible to use the Ext.data.GroupingStore
> function, but I am having trouble with the syntax for the 'sortinfo'
> and 'grouping'. Here is what I have so far:
>
>     var ds = new Ext.data.GroupingStore({        // Create data
> grouping
>                 reader: new Ext.data.XmlReader({
>                         record:'tbody tr'},
>                         fields),
> //                 sortInfo: {field: 'username', direction: "ASC"},
> //                 groupField:    'group_name'
>     });
>
> With the two lines commented, I get a simple data grid. With the two
> lines not comments I only get an HTML table.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this part of Ext JS so that I can
> reference these fields? A more complete code example can be found athttp://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78141. So far no answers from
> that forum... I'm hoping somebody here can help me. Please.
>
> Thank you.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: