Sunday, August 30, 2009

Re: File Uploads: What security-issues I have to take care of?

Hey,

I couldn't wait and tried out your Plugin. And, well, it works like a
charme! It does everything I want to do right from the start, the data
I need is stored, I can even set the path where the files are uploaded
to within the action (so I can save the files in a separate directory
for each user!).

This is by far the best and easiest to use plugin I've ever seen! I
was searching the web for weeks to get a working component but NONE
worked well! I'm really excited now and would love to go on with my
project now, but I gotta go to sleep because of work tomorrow :( !

The first thing I'll do tomorrow afternoon is working on that topic!
Thanks a lot man, you really saved my day!

Regards,

DD


On 31 Aug., 01:09, DigitalDude <e.blumsten...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> this looks nice, and I like the fact that it can handle mutliple files
> at one time!
>
> I will try to implement this into my project, and then start to
> customize it to fit my requirements. I want to create some records in
> the database for each uploaded file, but I'm sure this is gonna work
> with a little work and some thinking :)!
>
> Thanks for the link, I'll let you know if I could use it!
>
> Regards,
>
> DD
>
> On 30 Aug., 20:44, Miles J <mileswjohn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > A few here:
>
> > - Check the extension as well as the mimetype
> > - Only allow certain types
> > - Check the filesize if needed
> > - Make sure the file is a valid file resource
> > - Make sure there are no errors upon uploading
>
> > I however have create a file upload plugin. You can use the plugin
> > itself or you can take a look at how its written and get an idea.
>
> >http://www.milesj.me/resources/script/uploader-plugin
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: