Monday, September 29, 2008

Help with TranslateBehavior needed.

Hello,

I'm trying to use TranslateBehavior for my project. I describe my
model like that:

class Service extends AppModel {
var $name = 'Service';
var $actsAs = array('Translate' => array('title', 'abstract',
'text'));
// table services also has fields like id, parent_id, order,
created, etc.
}

These virtual fields (title, abstract, text) are great abstraction and
I was very happy thinking how easy it will be to provide content
management in various languages. Then I found out that model would not
load Service from DB if some field in specified locale was missing.
Is there any simple way to change this behavior so that Service with
null fields would be loaded? As far as I understand, I can specify an
array of preferred locales, but how do I recognize which locale was
actually loaded?
Thanks.

Linas

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: