Monday, September 29, 2008

Re: Form wizard component save data

My problem is that this form, divided in more pages, saves its data
all in a unique table. So, if I save data in DB at each step, at the
end I have 3 new entries with 3 steps.

On 29 Set, 13:07, "martin.westin...@gmail.com"
<martin.westin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are referring to the component by jaredhoyt then yes the
> tutorial can be a little fuzzy on some points. It works great, though.
> Just make sure you read both pages of the article and the comments and
> any fuzzy bits should be taken care of.
>
> You have to create a receipt method (i.e. a place to end up after the
> wizard is done) but you ca call it anything you want and configure the
> component with the new name.
>
> As I understand this component (I have only played around with it a
> bit so far):
> You do no directly access the session data. The component populates
> this->data for each step whenever you step back and forth in the
> wizard.
> The component expects you to process and save data at each step, I
> think... Possibly you get all the data available in the receipt... not
> sure. What I do know is that data entered in step1 is not available to
> you in step2 (without going behind the components back and accessing
> the session directly).
>
> I needed each step to have the data of the previous steps so I had to
> modify the component a little. And then I had to direct my attention
> elsewhere for a while and have not finished the wizard I started...
> that's why my knowledge is so limited.
>
> /Martin
>
> On Sep 29, 12:43 pm, mcphisto <mcphisto1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Hi all,
> > I'm installing this component on my application to have a multi-page
> > form. Everything work, but I really don't know how to save data in the
> > database. The problem is that I can't find the session variables saved
> > during the steps. The other thing I don't understand is if I need to
> > create a function "receipt" in my controller. This part is not
> > explained on tutorial.
> > Anyone can help me?
>
> > Thank you.- Nascondi testo citato
>
> - Mostra testo citato -
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: