Tuesday, September 30, 2008

question about hasMany and length of form

I am in the process of learning relational database design by making a
scoring system for golf.

in the early stages of planning the database I know I will have a
general relationship as follows:

Tournament hasMany stablefords, pars, eagles etc..

now question is, when i'm making a new tournament it's unknown exactly
how many participants there will be for each type of competition but
it is known there will be at least 20, instead of having to manually
add each entry, how could I have it so I can dynamically add more rows
to the form? I was thinking of rigging up a button with javascript to
add more rows as needed in the view, before I get started, is there an
easier way I should be doing this?

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: