Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Schema troubles

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with schemas. I'm using 1.2.x.x trunk.

I'm using it to migrate my DB by using the update feature.
I use schema generate to do a snapshot of my development DB and use
schema update on prod with the generated schema file.

However, I've run into a few different problems:
1) It always seems to crash one of my tables every time, and even if I
repair it doesn't help, I must drop and create the table again:

var $jobs = array(
'id' => array('type'=>'integer', 'null' => false, 'default' =>
NULL, 'key' => 'primary'),
'dispatch_line_id' => array('type'=>'integer', 'null' => true,
'default' => NULL, 'key' => 'index'),
'personalized_product_id' => array('type'=>'integer', 'null' =>
false, 'default' => NULL, 'key' => 'index'),
'price' => array('type'=>'float', 'null' => false, 'default' =>
NULL, 'length' => '12,4'),
'quantity' => array('type'=>'integer', 'null' => false, 'default'
=> NULL),
'indexes' => array('PRIMARY' => array('column' => 'id', 'unique' =>
1), 'product' => array('column' => 'personalized_product_id', 'unique'
=> 0), 'dispatch_line' => array('column' => 'dispatch_line_id',
'unique' => 0))
);


2) It has trouble with primary key switching. I had a linking table
with 2 columns as a combined primary key. I then introduced a new
column called ID and wanted to use that instead as the primary key. It
seems to not handle it so well and doesn't do the update.


Has anyone else had great success with cake schemas in a production
environment to do updates?

thanks,
Tony.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: