Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Re: Auth Redirect Problems

I don't know why. Are you you using 1.2 or 1.1? I'm using 1.2.

This:

$this->Auth->autoRedirect = FALSE;

Gives me:

"unexpected T_VARIABLE"

I haven't had a chance to investigate.

On Sep 30, 2:06 am, "Okto Silaban" <o...@silaban.net> wrote:
> How come? I get no problem with the syntax.. It works fine for me..
>
> This is the full code in app/app_controller.php (I just copy paste it)
>
> beforeFilter()
> {
>         $this->Auth->loginAction = array('controller' => 'users', 'action'
> => 'login');
>         $this->Auth->logoutRedirect = '/';
>         $this->Auth->loginRedirect = array('controller' => 'users', 'action'
> => 'login');
>         $this->Auth->autoRedirect = FALSE;
>
> }
>
> Okto.Silaban.Net
>
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Tony Thomas <truet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This gives me an "unexpected T_VARIABLE" error on the line with $this-
> > >Auth->autoRedirect = FALSE;
>
> > I think the algorithm might be right, but the syntax is wrong.
>
> > On Sep 17, 12:20 pm, "Okto Silaban" <o...@silaban.net> wrote:
> > > I'm not really sure, but I think :
> > > $this->Auth->loginRedirect
>
> > > doesn't tell we're we gonna go after logging in..
>
> > > But, if we're acessing an area which not allowed by Auth, we will sent to
> > > that page.. (if you're not login yet..).
>
> > > So I set that in beforeFilter :
>
> > > function beforeFilter() {
> > >   $this->Auth->loginRedirect = array('controller' => 'controller_name',
> > > 'action' => 'index');
> > >    $this->Auth->autoRedirect = FALSE; // so after logging in we're not
> > auto
> > > redirected
>
> > > }
>
> > > then manually set
>
> > > function login() {
> > >     $this->redirect('somewhere');
> > >     exit();
>
> > > }
> > > On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Tony Thomas <truet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > If someone is familiar with a post to this group or blog entry that
> > > > addresses this issue, please let me know. I've spent the morning
> > > > scouring both with no satisfactory results.
>
> > > > I have a cakePHP app on a shared server. In local testing, everything
> > > > worked fine. But mod_rewrite did not function properly on the shared
> > > > server, so I'm using CakePHP pretty URLS instead. Also caching (at
> > > > least temporarily) is off. I've uncommented the pertinent lines of
> > > > code in core.php and I've dutifully deleted the .htaccess files.
>
> > > > The problem I have is that after logging in, the redirect is
> > > > inconsistent. About 2/3 of the time I get redirected to
> > > >https://[base_url]/https:/[domain]. I just can't seem to find away
> > > > around this problem.
>
> > > > My login function looks like this:
>
> > > > function login() {
> > > >                        $this->Auth->loginRedirect = array('controller'
> > =>
> > > > 'controller_name', 'action' => 'index');
> > > >    }
>
> > > > I still get inconsistent results with the redirect going to a URL like
> > > > the former example the majority of the time. Any insight, links, etc.
> > > > would be appreciated.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: