Monday, September 29, 2008

Re: Form wizard component save data

If you are referring to the component by jaredhoyt then yes the
tutorial can be a little fuzzy on some points. It works great, though.
Just make sure you read both pages of the article and the comments and
any fuzzy bits should be taken care of.

You have to create a receipt method (i.e. a place to end up after the
wizard is done) but you ca call it anything you want and configure the
component with the new name.

As I understand this component (I have only played around with it a
bit so far):
You do no directly access the session data. The component populates
this->data for each step whenever you step back and forth in the
wizard.
The component expects you to process and save data at each step, I
think... Possibly you get all the data available in the receipt... not
sure. What I do know is that data entered in step1 is not available to
you in step2 (without going behind the components back and accessing
the session directly).

I needed each step to have the data of the previous steps so I had to
modify the component a little. And then I had to direct my attention
elsewhere for a while and have not finished the wizard I started...
that's why my knowledge is so limited.

/Martin

On Sep 29, 12:43 pm, mcphisto <mcphisto1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm installing this component on my application to have a multi-page
> form. Everything work, but I really don't know how to save data in the
> database. The problem is that I can't find the session variables saved
> during the steps. The other thing I don't understand is if I need to
> create a function "receipt" in my controller. This part is not
> explained on tutorial.
> Anyone can help me?
>
> Thank you.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: