Friday, November 28, 2008

cake tmp files and subversion

This post really belongs on the subversion group, but I can't seem to
get any useful answers there (though not for a lack of trying).

For any of you who use Subversion (specifically TortoiseSVN on
windows) with your cake apps. Can u tell me how to prevent tmp files
(app/tmp/*) from being put into the repository while still preserving
the tmp directory structure?


I have tried setting the global ignore pattern to all of the following
without success:
*\tmp\*
*tmp\*
tmp\*
*/tmp/cache/models *tmp/cache/persistent *tmp/cache/views/* *tmp/logs*
*tmp/sessions *tmp/tests*
\cache\models* \cache\persistent* \cache\views* \logs* \sessions*
\tests* empty
None of those patterns have any affect on my tmp files. (Yes I tried
backslashes and forward slashes)

The only pattern that works is \tmp*, but that excludes the tmp
directory altogether, so I have to create the tmp folders after I do
the initial import.

Near as I can tell.... this is what the global ignore pattern if for,
but i just cant get it to work correctly.

Thank you


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: