Friday, November 28, 2008

Re: cake tmp files and subversion

Maybe not the best solution... but I set svn:ignore * on all folders
within the tmp dir, except for folders.

So I right-click on tmp, set ignore * recursively, then remove the
same prob but non-recursively. Then I remove the ignore prop non-
recursively from the cache folder.

Then in my deploy script I hose away the tmp directory completely and
the "svn up" command restores the folder structure.

Cheers,
Adam

On Nov 29, 7:37 am, "php.baker" <php.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This post really belongs on the subversion group, but I can't seem to
> get any useful answers there (though not for a lack of trying).
>
> For any of you who use Subversion (specifically TortoiseSVN on
> windows) with your cake apps. Can u tell me how to prevent tmp files
> (app/tmp/*) from being put into the repository while still preserving
> the tmp directory structure?
>
> I have tried setting the global ignore pattern to all of the following
> without success:
> *\tmp\*
> *tmp\*
> tmp\*
> */tmp/cache/models *tmp/cache/persistent *tmp/cache/views/* *tmp/logs*
> *tmp/sessions *tmp/tests*
> \cache\models* \cache\persistent* \cache\views* \logs* \sessions*
> \tests* empty
> None of those patterns have any affect on my tmp files. (Yes I tried
> backslashes and forward slashes)
>
> The only pattern that works is \tmp*, but that excludes the tmp
> directory altogether, so I have to create the tmp folders after I do
> the initial import.
>
> Near as I can tell.... this is what the global ignore pattern if for,
> but i just cant get it to work correctly.
>
> Thank you
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: