Sunday, November 30, 2008

Re: Copied cake PHP files to a new Ubuntu Intrepid box and nothing is working


Are you sure you have sufficient php modules installed with ubuntu package manager?

I would compare your phpinfo() on the original box versus the new box(), or even just have a look at what is ticked related to php on synaptic package manager. If I saw that error message I'd be looking at libraries straight away.

You may not get everything you think you ought to by default.



On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 5:52 AM, Nick <nlofaso@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm desperate for some help here...  I just built a brand new ubuntu
intrepid server and copied everything from my cake folders on my
Ubuntu Hardy box to the new intrepid server.

If I extract a fresh version of Cake, everything works fine, css shows
up, db calls work correctly, etc., but everything is failing when I
copy all my work over.

I see no CSS formatting and I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/phazo/
Dropbox/www/lymtest3/cake/libs/model/datasources/dbo/dbo_mysql.php on
line 117

I've dumped my sql database and imported it on the new device
triple checked the sql accounts
made sure my tmp directory is writeable
enabled MOD rewrites
verified my .htaccess files exist
set "AllowOverride all" for my directories in the apache2.conf file

what else could I be missing?
Thanks for any help anyone can provide!



--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: