Friday, November 28, 2008

Warning 512 error, I make the tmp dir writable and I get more errors

This is driving me crazy and I have googled this and nothing that I
have found is fixing this problem I'm having.

I'm getting the typical Warning 512 error where it says that my "app/
tmp/cache/ is not writable". I go to chmod 777 this directory and all
hell brakes loose on me and I get a whole bunch of errors.

Warning: unlink(/Users/myname/Sites/myapp/app/tmp/cache/persistent/
cake_core_core_paths) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in /Users/
myname/Sites/myapp/cake/libs/file.php on line 279

Warning: fopen(/Users/myname/Sites/myapp/app/tmp/cache/persistent/
cake_core_core_paths) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream:
Permission denied in /Users/myname/Sites/myapp/cake/libs/file.php on
line 146

What's happening here and how can I fix this?
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to cake-php@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cake-php+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: